The G1 Expedition is the result of an ongoing dedication to make the finest high altitude boots in the world. Boreal understands that at the rarefied extremes of high altitude mountaineering the right equipment can make all the difference and this is why G1 Expe has been carefully designed, field tested and refined to guarantee exceptional levels of performance and reliability, without compromise.
- Crampon: Toe + heel bail - all crampons styles will work (universal, semi-auto, and auto)
- The Extreme Thermal Protection footbed has superior thermal insulation performance to help protect against extreme cold. XTP is used on our Mountaineering and Expedition boots.
- A thermal insulation system using Thinsulate® to completely surround the foot with no cold spots. The Thinsulate® lining is fixed in place with minimal use of adhesives to maximize loft. The base of the boot is uniquely insulated with triple Thinsulate® to minimize heat loss through the sole unit.
- Weight: 2610 grams (size 7 UK)
- Uppers: Composed of three layers: A fully integrated and highly insulated outer gaiter, midlayer shell and removable inner bootie
- Outer Boot: Integrated outer gaiter in waterproof and highly breathable material with waterproof membrane and fully thermosealed seams. Reinforcement panels in extra durable and tear resistant material. Lower portion of gaiter insulated with Thinsulate and polyethylene layers. Premium quality waterproof TIZIP. Shell: One piece lightweight Teramida with Lorica and neoprene. 6mm EVA foam insulation layer and Cordura waterproof breathable lining. 1.4mm neoprene insole for thermal insulation. Easy to use ‘Tanka’ lace closure system. Lightweight TPU rand for durability.
- Inner Boot: Bootie made from very lightweight and extremely insulative triple layer laminate. A heat reflective aluminium film is bonded to a durable polyurethane outer layer and insulative EVA foam on the internal side. Boreal Dry-Line® waterproof breathable lining with fully thermosealed seams. Triple Thinsulate® layers (no adhesives used) suround the foot guaranteeing maximum thermal protection with no cold spots. The sole of the bootie is covered with a durable textured TPU surface. Easy adjust ‘Tanka’ and strap closure system with adjustable fit around the instep area.
- Midsole: Ultralight Boreal PBG-680 carbon composite midsole with lateral torsion control. Unique Thinsulate® lining for superior underfoot thermal insulation.
- Sole: Vibram Betulla super lightweight and highly insulative outsole in special low density EVA / rubber mix. Dual density EVA and PU shock absorbing layers. Differential hardness TPU toe and heel pieces for automatic crampons.
- Usage: Extremely cold conditions. High altitude mountaineering. 8000m peaks.