Careful selection of the best modern materials has enabled us to reduce weight without compromising warmth. G1 Lite is truly a modern classic for winter alpine ascents and 6000m peaks.
- Crampon: Toe + heel bail - all crampons styles will work (universal, semi-auto, and auto)
- Bi-Flex: a system developed by Boreal to improve the forward and lateral flexibility of mountain boots around the ankle area. Bi-Flex greatly enhances both the walking comfort and freedom of movement when climbing.
- A thermal insulation system using Thinsulate® to completely surround the foot with no cold spots. The Thinsulate® lining is fixed in place with minimal use of adhesives to maximize loft. The base of the boot is uniquely insulated with triple Thinsulate® to minimize heat loss through the sole unit.
- WEIGHT: 2290 grs./pair (size 7 UK)
- USAGE: High altitude mountaineering. Long winter alpine ascents
- UPPERS: Double boot with an outer shell and removable inner bootie
- OUTER BOOT:Lightweight, highly abrasion resistant and water-resistant Teramida with Lorica and ceramic reinforced stretch Cordura. Bi-flex system for superior ankle articulation and comfort. 6mm EVA insulation layer and Cordura-Sympatex waterproof breathable lining. 1.4mm neoprene insole for insulation. Integral elasticated snow skirt. Lightweight TPU rand for durability
- INNER BOOT:Bootie made from very lightweight and extremely insulative triple layer laminate. A heat reflective aluminium film is bonded to a durable polyurethane outer layer and insulative EVA foam on the internal side. Boreal Dry-Line® waterproof breathable lining with fully thermosealed seams. Triple Thinsulate®layers (no adhesives used) suround the foot guaranteeing maximum thermal protection with no cold spots. The sole of the bootie is covered with a durable textured TPU surface. Easy adjust 'Tanka' and strap closure system with adjustable fit around the instep area
- MIDSOLE:Ultralight Boreal PBG-680 carbon composite midsole with lateral torsion control. Unique Thinsulate lining for superior underfoot thermal insulation
- SOLE: Vibram Teton rubber outsole with dual density EVA and PU shock absorbing layers. Differential hardness TPU toe and heel pieces for automatic crampons