“Table Mountain” is Map One in our three map series of the Table Mountain National Park.
This highly detailed map shows all approved paths on the mountain and includes full GPS information. The map shows the Hoerikwaggo and the People’s Trail, and covers the area from Signal Hill to Devil’s Peak and Llandudno to Constantia Nek and the Vlakkenberg Plateau. This is the only map of the mountain endorsed by the Table Mountain National Park, and approved by the Mountain Club of South Africa.
Slingsby maps are the best! Thanks to the maps we had the best time of our lives hiking around without worries. The trails are as described and the maps are so accurate, they give one a sense of security. Beautiful jobs! Save yourself a lot of troubles and headaches by ordering and buying the Slingsby maps. – Brigitte Cohn, USA
Our Table Mountain Map is dedicated to the memory of the late Ed Coombe, who was my friend for fifty years and my partner in mapping for ten of those: he was a man of honour, a rare and worthy friend.
To see further details and download free maps scroll down, and also check the links below.
NEW in this Edition are –
- Distances and estimated times shown for all paths above the Contour Path or Pipe Track;
- Long/Lat grid at 10" intervals as well as the 200 metre square UTM grid; Completely revised vegetation distribution;
- Some vanished paths removed; some new ones added;
- Three Firs, Oudekraal Ravine and Constantia Corner routes upgraded; Clearer depiction of many features, including dangerous routes.
All the features for which the map is famous are still there:
- All approved paths, with DD MM SS GPS coordinates for major junctions;
- 10 metre contours & delicate colour height shading bring the topography to life;
- Forty quality photos of the most prominent mountain flowers, as well as line sketches of flora and fauna are included on the map.
The reverse side includes:
- A sketch of the view from Maclear's Beacon, with names and distances to prominent peaks on the eastern horizon;
- Written descriptions of 23 of the most popular routes, with distances and approximate times;
- Important safety instructions, emergency telephone numbers, Cableway and National Park details, etc
- A2+ full colour map
- Scale 1:20 000 (5cm = 1km)
- 10m contours; relief shading
- 200m² UTM grid, WGS84
- 10" Long/Lat grid
- Coords in DDMMSS format at important junctions
- 23 Route descriptions
- Safety information & contact numbers
- WATERPROOF and TEAR RESISTANT in plastic sleeve
- ISBN 978-1-920377-30-4